Controller will report to the CFO and will have primary day-to-day responsibility managing the Accounting Dept, and overseeing the construction accounting process from start to finish.
• Oversee the Accounting Dept, team of 9.
• Oversee the Construction accounting process from start to finish
• Cash Management
• Oversee the reporting process to executive management
• Forecast project cash flow
• Oversee WIP schedules and draws
• Approve draw packets
• Manage contractor cost certifications
• Perform project based financial analysis
• Develop and maintain the system of internal accounting controls and financial reporting
• Budgeting, forecasting and analysis
• Work-In-Progress reporting & General Ledger
• Assist in producing monthly financial statements
• Ensure credibility of project financials by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts as it relates to all construction projects.
• Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
• Assist in all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization. (AP/AR, General Ledger, Project Cost Accounting, etc..)
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
• Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
• Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
Qualifications And Requirements
• BS in Accounting or Finance
• Vista by Viewpoint Software knowledge a plus
• 5+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles in the construction industry.
• Proficient in SAGE/Timberline/Pro-Core
• Collaborative and Team Oriented
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
• Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.