Senior Web Developer
- Work directly with the VP of Solution Architecture to develop key features to ensure the overall functionality and stability of a new product:
- Establish and implement standards for code quality, unit testing, documentation, and code reviews
- Gain understanding of the business requirements to effectively translate product features into technical development tasks
- Coordinate with Product and QA teams to establish clearly defined technical acceptance criteria
- Leverage SOLID principles to implement features and bug fixes in line with industry standards to ensure security and performance of the application
- Work as part of a Scrum or Kanban team on a project and will be actively involved in our process.
- Attend our Sprint Planning Meetings, as we work to determine the work we will commit to in our next sprint.
- Be part of the Daily Scrums as we “Walk the Board” to determine our progress for the next 24 hours.
- Work with the team to determine estimates for Product Backlog Refinement.
- Communicate and work with the team as issues arise.
- The above is a list of the responsibilities that best represents our working conditions today. The job responsibilities can change over time as we adapt to changes needed by the business and our software development process
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about software development and building new products
- Opinionated on best practices for software design and architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be a team player; someone who is more focused on the success of the team, than the individual.
- Can bring a new perspective to the conversation and is open to new ideas.
- At least 5 years of full life cycle software development experience including significant hands-on professional experience with:
- PHP including at least one PHP framework (Phalcon, Laravel, etc.)
- Node.js including NestJS
- React including Next.js, hooks, and Redux
- Experience working with Agile teams leveraging Scrum and Kanban
- Utilizing Docker for local development
- Developing unit tests integrated with CI/CD pipelines
- Performing code reviews and providing feedback
- Building and consuming REST, GraphQL, and SOAP web services
- Integrating applications with digital platforms (Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Authentication with third-party providers via standards such as OAuth
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working in Digital Marketing or with B2B SaaS products
- Configuring DevOps pipelines
- Phalcon PHP framework
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) including GKE and BigQuery