The Senior Formulating Chemist works within the Company’s Innovation Lab and supports innovation activities, research initiatives, and trend projects. This position will perform basic theoretical and experimental scientific and technological investigations directed toward new product development. They identify customer needs and develop next generation products and formulations.
The ideal candidate must be able to show a proven track record of innovation, have excellent hands-on laboratory skills, good communication and interpersonal skills, and have a keen eye for detail. They will be self-motivated, solution-focused, highly detail-oriented, organized, and able to work autonomously.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Executing individual projects, developing new and improving existing products in response to market trends, customer demands, and availability of new technology.
- Accurately documenting project progress and reports on NetSuite, including making conclusions and recommendations.
- Translating consumer needs, macro trends and the latest technology trends into novel products with unique selling proposition.
- Participating in designing and conducting investigational studies of atypical results
- Processing and interpreting accurate results, deriving conclusions based on sound science, and preparing reports to effectively communicate results.
- Developing working relationships with cross-functional teams, labs, and colleagues to ensure breadth and depth of the teams’ knowledge including Manufacturing, Production, Purchasing and QA/QC Departments.
- Adapting to changes, delays, or other unexpected events, and prioritizing the work to ensure on time delivery of results and critical project milestones.
- Coordinating and managing formulation lab activities in support of the business needs
- Successfully contributing to expanding and improving current formulations
- Managing projects based on product briefs and development requests
- Assisting in assessing project feasibility and assigning work to lab technicians based on the degree of complexity and skills required
- Meeting and corresponding with customers and suppliers
- Assisting Marketing/Sales teams in client acquisition process and ongoing client retention with technical expertise
- Maintaining laboratory safety standards
- Ensuring that customers’ expectations are met/exceeded
- Performing any other duties or tasks that may be required of you by the company
- Promoting and demonstrating behavior consistent with the company’s core values and policies
- 7-10 years’ experience working within a Skincare/Cosmetic laboratory environment
- Ease and openness in working closely with co-workers, and a “can-do” attitude is essential.
- Able to multi-task and adapt to changing priority levels for ongoing projects.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with method development, troubleshooting and experimental design desired.
- Passion for the beauty industry and Strong understanding of the beauty consumer.
- Capability of working independently as well as working in a team driven Environment
- Self-starter with the ability to learn new techniques and chemistry
** Green and Clean Chemistry Preferred**
B.S. or higher in Chemistry or related scientific fields required.
- Comprehensive Employer Contributed Medical plans offered for you and your family (including PPO)
- Dental and Vision Insurance for you and your family
- Employer Paid Life Insurance, including additional Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care FSA
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual Bonus Program
- Competitive PTO offered
401(k) Retirement Plans with up to 4% match