Director / Manager Benefit & Comp.
DIRECTOR OF COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This position will implement, administer, and maintain the organization’s benefits and compensation programs. This includes managing base salary and incentive plans, alternative rewards programs, internal equity, a pay for performance philosophy, job evaluations/descriptions, and salary surveys that support the company’s business and HR priorities and strategies. The incumbent is also responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures related to benefits administration. The incumbent works closely with the Payroll Manager to ensure that benefits administration is managed correctly in the HRIS system. Collaborates with managers and the recruiting team to implement a centralized, harmonized, and seamless compensation structure. This position reports directly to the SVP of Human Resources.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field
• Seven (7+) years total experience in HR / Benefits / Compensation areas.
• Three (3+) years leading Compensation & Benefits Management
• Exceptional analytical skills with demonstrated experience conducting and interpreting statistical compensation analyses.
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of compensation and benefit plan administration.
• High level proficiency with Excel (e. g., v-lookups, pivot tables, if/then formulas) and a proven ability to consolidate and manipulate large data sets with a commitment to accuracy.
• Strong ability to manage relationship with a third-party benefit administrator and benefits broker.
• Strong understanding of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Section 125 and cafeteria plan regulations, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and COBRA.
• Demonstrated experience with HRIS systems (e.g., ADP) and employee data and compensation survey participation required. Experience with Payscale compensation tool a plus.
• Advanced understanding of compensation practices, trends and pay equity laws. Possess the ability to make independent decisions/recommendations based on compensation principles and philosophy.
• Demonstrated experience in supporting the day-to-day compensation and benefits needs of a varied client group and a proven ability to achieve objectives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to varying audiences.
• Experience interacting with Payroll as it relates to benefit administration.
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) a plus.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Function as a subject matter expert and support management regarding compensation, classification, and other ancillary pay issues.
• Interpret and apply pay policies, philosophy, state and federal law as they relate to compensation.
• Conduct review of job levels, assess and make determinations regarding requests for new job titles, and update job descriptions in conjunction with HR and management.
• Assists the recruiting team with offer recommendations for external and internal candidates.
• Ensure pay practices are compliant with all federal, state, and regulatory laws/requirements.
• Provide complex compensation consultative services to Human Resources and management.
• Design and implement pay solutions, strategies, and programs as needed.
• Manage projects and initiatives related to compensation programs.
• Conduct benchmarking and data analysis to formulate recommendations that ensure competitive, cost-effective, and legally compliant compensation programs and practices.
• Consult with HR and management to provide guidance and interpretation of compensation policies and programs and evaluate requests for changes and updates.
• Identify opportunities for process improvements and introduction of best practices. Review the market and identify opportunities to maintain a competitive position.
• Conduct market and best practice research to formulate and support compensation recommendations.
• Participate in the development of the annual wage plan for the organization.
• Maintain and audit compensation-related information, such as job codes, salary plans, grades, etc.
• Provide compensation guidance, training, and regulatory updates to HR and Leadership. Act as a mentor and resource for HR and managers on compensation-related policies and procedures and the execution of their duties and accountabilities involving compensation.
• Provide support to employees regarding all benefit offerings. Develop/update resources to enhance the employee’s understanding of the Company’s benefits package.
• Lead the coordination and facilitation of open enrollment each year in conjunction with the broker. Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations and open enrollment.
• Manage benefits administration (e.g., enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, billing, and compliance testing.)
• Work with 401(k) plan administrator & Payroll Manager on annual 401(k) census and audits.
• Manage all benefits data and file feeds. Perform audits of benefits-related data.
• Collaborate with Payroll to review, analyze, and reconcile payroll, eligibility, and census-related data.
• Conduct surveys and analysis relative to benefits cost and design.
• Responsible for the administration and compliance benefit payment collection for employees on LOA.
• Manage relationships with all third-party service providers, including review and evaluation of service levels and service level agreements as well as vendor searches.
• Manage benefits systems and online enrollment system processes for all benefit plans, including designing and maintaining automated file feeds, troubleshooting errors, and problem resolution.
Department Operations Support
• Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits and compensation processes.
• Ensure compliance with applicable government reporting regulations and requirements.
• Manage reconciliation of company benefit billings, with HR & Payroll, and submit for payment on time.
• All other duties as assigned.