Assist controller in establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies, procedures, and internal control for the Southeast Region of US. Responsible for all aspects of accounting for two units totaling $50-$100 million in revenue. Tremendous opportunity for upward mobility within a rapidly growing company.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Maintain fixed asset schedules.
- Supervise accounting functions.
- Balance Intercompany billings and invoices with regional and corporate.
- Oversee payroll and prepare quarterly and year end payroll tax filings.
- File tangible personal property tax and unclaimed property returns.
- Attend monthly ECAC meetings and record any project adjustments that are needed processing changes before month end. Ensure monthly forecast is being met and assist with forecast as needed.
- Prepare and record all necessary month end closing entries.
- Determine necessary Bad Debt Reserve and report monthly.
- Review indirect and SGA accounts for unusual/excessive activity and report monthly.
- Ensure physical inventory count is entered into accounting system.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Provide OUP’s with financial and operational reporting at their request.
- Assist Regional and Corporate offices with internal and/or IRS procedure, and accounting audits.
- Assist in completion of special projects
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Essential):
- B.S. or B.A. in accounting
- 5+ years of progressive experience in construction industry accounting
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems
- Sound verbal, written, interpersonal and listening skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Extreme attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Highly organized
- Advanced computer spreadsheet and word processing skills
Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment