Senior Systems Engineer
Rapidly growing Financial Firm located in Fort Lauderdale, seeks candidates with experience supporting an enterprise-size environment and could be considered a jack of all trades on the IT infrastructure support side. You will be supporting end-users at multiple locations and remote workers. This position will be responsible for performing technical support duties relating to the company’s computer, network, telephone, and office systems. Requires proficiency with a wide variety of hardware and software. The ideal candidate for this position will serve as Help Desk support specialist providing hardware and software support for Microsoft-based Servers, Office 365 email solution, a local and wide area network, Windows-based PCs, VOIP phone systems, and office equipment. Will also Initiate follow-up with appropriate person(s) and provide accurate and efficient service to end-users.
- Administer network functions on the local and wide area network
- Provide operational and technical support for end-users
- Configure and troubleshoot computer networks
- Generate proper documentation for next each occurrence of said each problem using a Call Log
- Install, upgrade, and configure network file and print serving and security on the file servers
- Provide phone system support including administration, security, moves, changes etc.
- Analyze and resolve problems
- Research new features, test, and implement if appropriate with necessary approvals
- Seek assistance/guidance from Supervisor when needed.
- Back up old data and purge/reorganize system files per schedule or as required.
- Monitor and report inventory on all computer forms and supplies to the supervisor.
- Assist with computer and telephone cabling and configuration as required.
- Develop and maintain documentation for systems and procedures as necessary.
- Administer security on host system Servers, PCs, network, telephone, and office equipment.
- Record logs and report distribution procedures and all other pertinent documentation.
- Maintain training and reference material library.
- Apply software updates/fixes to various systems, as required.
- Perform minor programming modifications and database queries, as requested.
- Assist with end-user training and instruction on all systems equipment.
- Serve as a team member on the various company, department, and user projects.
- May be required to work off-hours and on weekends for projects and/or support.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as may be necessary.
- Experience level: Minimum 5 years of IT Technical Support Experience
- Education: High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Candidates with Industry related certifications will be given preference
- Desktop Support
- Windows Operating System
- Health/Dental/Vision, Life Insurance, Short/Long term Disability, Paid time off, 401k
The duties and responsibilities described in the above job description are not a comprehensive list. Additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the position may change as necessitated by company demands and/or industry standards.