The Marketing Manager is responsible for applying creative and strategic insight to drive the efforts to position the Company as the builder of choice for public and private sector clients. Works closely with operations, estimating, leadership, and business development teams to develop winning materials that communicate a clearly defined value proposition while supporting overall business growth.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Marketing & Content Management
- Develop and adhere to an annual Marketing Plan.
- Prepare compelling project and company content for newsletters, press releases, social media marketing, brochures, website, company awards/recognitions and mail ensuring that messages are supportive of and consistent with marketing strategies.
- Create and oversee digital marketing content including video production
- Manage changes, edits, and updates of Company's corporate website
- Manage and direct with departmental consultants
- Coordinate client requested deliverables; review requests (e.g. RFP’s, RFQ’s, etc.) both critically and qualitatively for requirements; develop proposal structure and content to meet requirements, and take a proactive and strategic role in ensuring that win themes are developed and addressed.
- Utilize proposal management tools including outlines, matrices, and schedules to manage all aspects of proposal development, such as proposal strategy, content, and page count; task assignments and divisions of responsibility; proposal development review meetings; and client pre-proposal conference meetings, and Q&A deadlines.
- Facilitate communication and information distribution with teams including client correspondence and amendments to ensure compliance and accuracy of bid content
- Source and integrate technical content provided by various authors into a cohesive, compelling and well-written narrative aligned with win themes.
- Coordinate and participate in the development of interview presentation materials, rehearsals, formulate talking points, and coach speakers.
- Manager third party consultants in production and formulation of presentation materials.
- Perform competitive analysis and benchmarking to identify opportunities to improve bidding materials.
Business Development Support
- Maintain CRM with accurate and current information to aid in BD and Marketing efforts.
- Research and track client organization trends, funding programs, and project developments (i.e. Institutional Capital Plans/Private & Municipal Projects in Planning).
- Participate in annual business plan development.
- Assist business development with calendar coordination, conference planning, client introductions, various administrative tasks, troubleshooting, deadline management, and general correspondence.
- Assist business development in qualifications submissions for onboarding/potential clients.
- Assist business development in monitoring various project procurement portals.
- Coordinate letters of recommendation, references, and video testimonials from clients.
- Conceptualize, order, and produce 100+ branded client holiday gifts on an annual basis.
- Manage and oversee PR efforts with third-party Public Relations firm.
- Respond to requests for information and media inquiries in a clear and timely fashion.
- Review press releases, draft speeches, coordinate client permissions, and schedule interviews.
- Review opportunities to create and place content in various publications, articles, and editorials; both paid and unpaid. Identify and evaluate advertising opportunities.
- Maintain backlog of Company news for public relations and editorial use.
- Maintain press materials including executive bios, fact sheets, press kits, and related media materials.
- Draft reactive statements, spokesperson briefing documents, key messaging, etc.
- Share the public relations report on a quarterly basis.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders/ departments to confirm project facts, quotes, and commentary.
- Evaluate Brand and competitor media coverage and identify opportunities to improve.
- Implement PR programs, integrated campaigns, and media initiatives that align with the Company’s strategic plans (e.g., multi-family diversification, women in construction, talent acquisition, etc.).
- Track award programs. Nominate Company’s projects, personnel, organization, and culture for recognition.
- Facilitate reputation management for individuals (panels, Q&A, subject matter experts, etc.).
Communications – Internal & External
- Produce an internal company newsletter on a quarterly basis.
- Manage and facilitate internal employee surveys to gauge job satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Create the presentation for the Quarterly Employee Meeting incorporating content from each department.
Minimum Requirements and Skills Required
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar role within the AEC industry. Understanding of the construction industry is preferred.
- Proficiency with: Microsoft Office (required), Adobe InDesign (required), Adobe Photoshop (required), Adobe Illustrator.
- Proficiency with: Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Proficiency managing minor website edits, additions, and changes.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and have strong organizational skills.
- Is able to prioritize and re-prioritize tasks as needed with strong time-management skills
- Is proactive, looks for problems that could impede progress and takes responsibility for solving them
- Ability to meet deadlines and ensure timeliness of marketing deliverables.
- Ability to work a variable schedule as needed to meet deadlines, including early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Ability to recognize and resolve any quality issues (functionality, visual quality, typographical errors, etc.).
- Ability to conform to and apply defined visual standards.