AP for 65 accounts
AP for 65 accounts
30 Nov 2022
AP for 65 accounts
27 Sep 2022
The Senior Accountant role will work with the Commercial Accounting group. The Commercial Accounting group is responsible for the daily accounting operations of the Company’s commercial portfolio which covers retail, office, condominium, restaurant, and experiences areas. The group’s responsibilities include internal and external management reporting, debt and partner compliance as well as interacting with lease administration, treasury, and information technology.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for financial reporting, daily and period end accounting activities, performing general ledger financial analysis, cash management, cash flow analysis, assisting with preparing financial items, preparing annual year-end projections, and analyzing monthly and year-to date budget variances for projects throughout the West Palm beach portfolio. This position also involves collaboration with the finance team and senior leaders to produce a variety of high quality, monthly and quarterly reports that are used companywide for reporting, analysis, and planning. The ideal candidate is a highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines. The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and will be based in our West Palm Beach office.
• Assist in the daily accounting for the various activities and transactions
• Review and analyze the general ledger, financial statements and prepare appropriate accrual and adjusting journal entries in accordance with GAAP
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
• Prepare financial statement analysis for management and partners on GAAP basis
• Collaborate with controller and business executives on monthly cash flow forecasting
• Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly and year end work paper packages from posted journal entries and general ledger analysis
• Assist in the preparation of annual audited financial statements on GAAP basis
• Assist with preparation of yearly budgets and quarterly forecasting
• Create reporting templates, formulate analysis using applications such as Excel, and JD Edwards accounting software and participate in various business process/technology integration initiatives
• Assist with special projects, as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 3+ years of real estate experience, CPA preferred
• Public accounting experience preferred
• Strong knowledge of GAAP/accounting theory
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Strong analytical ability
• Mature professional with sound judgement and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with standard suite of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
• Knowledge of JDE a plus
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently with attention to details
27 Sep 2022
• The FP&A Associate will provide assistance to the Financial Planning & Analysis team to create forward-looking financial information and financial analysis used to support decision making for the Company. This role requires significant interaction with senior level executives within the company. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in creating monthly, quarterly, and annual management reporting packages.
• Manage the cash flow model which is used to track actual and forecasted development costs, determine the sources of funding for each project, and manage the cash available.
• Prepare monthly submissions of consolidated platform level P&L / cash flow projections for Corporate FP&A, communicate budget vs. actual variances and changes in forecasting assumptions.
• Assist in compiling consolidated annual budgets (develop templates, assumptions, analyses and reports), forecasts (templates and set frequency and levels of detail), and performance management (development of key performance indicators, setting of target, and analysis/reporting).
• Manage monthly capital call preparation and presentation to internal management and external partners.
• Assist in the development of portfolio level financial models, reports, graphs, metrics and other analysis.
• Manage the South Florida overhead budget model and quarterly reforecasting process, monthly tracking of overhead actuals, preparation of reporting packages, and budget vs. actual variance analysis.
• Prepare actual versus budget variance analysis.
• Maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
• Assist in cash management activities including cash-on-hand reconciliations and scenario analysis to investigate alternate methods for sourcing future development costs.
• Assist in various ongoing ad-hoc analysis and reporting activities within the South Florida team.
• Review underwriting models, project waterfalls and forecasts.
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Advanced Degree, CFA and/or MBA, a plus.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in Finance and or/Accounting.
• Must have advanced Excel Modeling skills – will be tested.
• Must have strong experience with MS PowerPoint.
• Highly intelligent with excellent analytical skills, with a larger focus on financial reporting and ability to convert raw data into financial analyses.
• Ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly.
• Takes ownership for decisions and is accountable for actions regardless of the outcome.
• Superior organizational skills.
• A mature professional with excellent judgment and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with accounting systems and information tools such as JD Edwards, Hyperion and database applications, a plus.
• Ideal candidate will have a strong familiarity with capital markets and real estate finance.
• Ability to partner with senior partners, anticipating reporting and analysis needs which can help guide their decision-making process.
©Copyright 2022 - MSIrecruiting.com. All Rights Reserved.