A private equity backed manufacturer is seeking a CIO for the first time in their history. Explosive growth has led to numerous acquisitions and has created the need for a strategic thinker and leader on the technology side. Someone with customer facing ability and who has been involved in a company that sells technology products would be ideal.
• Internal systems • Technology utilization • Security • Execute on both internal and external strategies • Strategic/roadmapping experience • PE or public co. experience required • A “board presence”, meaning be able to present boards/PE groups
20 years of total experience with 10 of those as a progressive leader required.
Director of FP&A
17 Jun 2022
Director of FP&A
A fantastic role within a growing organization. FP&A is currently a blind spot for the company and the new CFO would like to change that. Someone with prior Director experience that can come in and establish a true FP&A function. A great role with lots of autonomy, input, and growth potential for a $1B company with an incredible culture.
At least one role as a Director already
10-15 yrs total experience, 5+ as a leader
Private equity preferred
Manufacturing not as essential, but nice to have
Someone with pricing analysis, productivity analysis
17 Jun 2022
One of MSI's best clients is seeking a Corporate Controller as the business evolves from single entity to a multi-dimensional organization. This role has divisional/regional controllers reporting to it and is responsible for the monthly accounting of a $1B company. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow.
Must have one prior role as a Controller
$500M company revenue experience at least once, at a minimum
Doesn’t need PE or Public but GAAP accounting a must
Manufacturing/Distribution very helpful
In office role, culture very important
21 Jan 2022
Manages HR activities. Maintains and enhances the company’s human resources by working with Director of HR on planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. Provides employees with essential access to information regarding policies, procedures and benefits. Drives a culture of inclusiveness and engagement throughout the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide employee relations support for employees and managers. Provide guidance on HR issues and escalate sensitive issues to the HR Director.
• Works with HR Director to conduct and document workplace investigations
• Collaborates with managers to prepare and determine appropriateness of disciplinary actions, below final written warning level. Provides HR expertise and ensures factual basis and appropriate documentation results.
• Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; addressing employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
• Informs employees of benefits, directs the processing of benefit claims; disseminating and conducting educational benefit programs at time of hire, during open enrollment and as needed.
Staffing & Recruiting:
• Works with Corporate Recruiter to fill open positions and to update info in Applicant Tracking System. Updates Director on status of open reqs.
• Processing HRIS entries: New Hires, Changes & Terminations.
• Works with the HR Director to establish a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
• Answer general 401(k) questions and process 401(k) Loans
• Coordinates yearly and quarterly enrollments, processes paperwork as needed
• Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
• Works hand-in-hand with Department Managers for Employee Performance Reviews, Merit Increases, Job Descriptions, Staffing Management, Succession Planning, and Employee Development.
• Maintains work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions and maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
• Establishing and conducting orientation, onboarding and training programs.
• Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
• Manages Workers Comp Claims & Records
• Manages Unemployment Claims
• Manages Leaves of Absence
• Compiles and prepares data for statistical reporting
• Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
• Drives a culture of inclusiveness and engagement throughout the organization
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Maintain human resources files to required standards, including personnel files, recruiting files, I-9’s, etc.
• EEO reports yearly
• Assist in projects, such as; HR events, benefits open enrollment, employee communications, company-wide meetings and employee functions.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
• Coordinates Above & Beyond Recognition program for site
• Submits quarterly newsletter data to marketing
• Documents workflow and work procedures
• Additional duties needed to help drive to our Vision, fulfill our Mission, and abide by our Organization’s Values.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Technical Knowledge – Familiarity with HR processes.
• Planning/Organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently and completes work in a timely manner. Proven ability to manage multiple projects to a deadline.
• Quality control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance. Attentive to detail. Strong organizational skills.
• Adaptability-the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Resourceful.
• Communication Skills – The ability to write clearly, succinctly and understandably. The ability to effectively communicate and relate well to all kinds of people. Treats all people with respect, courtesy and consideration; respects differences in the attitudes and perspectives of others; listens observes and strives to gain understanding of others. Well-developed oral and written communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
• Professionalism – demonstrates appropriate businesslike behavior when dealing with coworkers, vendors and customers. Understands and adheres to the values of honesty and integrity.
• Personal Accountability – A measure of the capacity to be answerable for personal actions. Accepts personal responsibility for the consequences of personal actions; avoids placing unnecessary blame on others.
• Teamwork – The ability to work effectively and productively with others. Shares responsibility with team members for successes and failures.
• Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications – Proficient in MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook and Internet Explorer.
• Confidentiality – High degree of professionalism; able to deal with extremely confidential information. Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality in performing all aspects of position
• Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Working Conditions / Education / EXPERIENCE
Working Conditions: Inside office environment.
Physical Demands: Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years HR experience
• HR Certifications preferred (PHR, SHRM-SCP)
• Works well independently and with minimal supervision