Human Resources Assistant
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible to support the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resource management activities of the organization to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies and regulatory compliance.
1. Coordinate with Benefits Administrators to select the appropriate benefits for the Company, with the guidance and approval of the HR Director
2. Review, allocate and classify monthly bills from benefit providers and reconcile against employee payroll deductions
3. Process any changes regarding benefit plans by sending to our Benefit Administrators and ensuring they are captured in our HRIS system and the provider’s next invoice.
4. Coordinate the Open Enrollment process, ensuring meetings are booked with employees and the different providers to discuss changes in the benefit plans.
5. Ensure all employees select their benefits before due date in order to send to Benefit Administrators for processing.
6. Audit invoices after open enrollment to ensure all changes were captured and members have the correct plans that they selected.
7. Coordinate Annual Employee Health Fair.
8. Refer employees with any benefit claim issues or concerns to our Benefit Administrators
1. Obtain timesheets and process weekly payroll.
2. Process any changes in compensation.
3. Prepare annual compensation statements to be distributed.
4. Ensure labor hours are being approved by Superintendents and / or project managers.
5. Prepare and submit weekly, quarterly and annual tax forms to appropriate agencies (weekly payroll taxes, 941, 940, W-2s, etc.)
1. Track HR spending and budgets.
2. Administration of invoices in PVault.
Recruiting and onboarding
1. Process and review employment applications in order to evaluate the qualifications of applicants.
2. Electronically file candidates in our HRIS system.
3. Open positions in our HRIS system, linked-in and indeed and publish on our website (through our Marketing Department).
4. Plan and conduct new employee orientation and obtain all necessary paperwork.
5. Record new hires in payroll system/databases.
6. Coordinate with Information Technology the technology requirements of new hires
7. Process E-Verify
8. Conduct Background and Reference Checks
9. Ensure Drug Screenings are passed.
1. Maintain the human resource information systems including W-4, I-9, direct deposit, emergency contacts and other information.
2. Timely challenge all unemployment claims when applicable.
3. Ensure all training is included in our HRIS system.
4. Ensure ACA profiles are set up correctly. Process 1095s and 1094 by deadline.
5. Process certified payroll reports for projects that require.
1. Plan periodic employee functions during the year (birthdays, gatherings, employee recognitions, social events, etc.)
2. Assist with the implementation of company safety and health programs.
3. Track and post OSHA-required data and file any necessary reports.
4. Coordinate employee safety, welfare and wellness.
5. Publish weekly announcements newsletter.
1. Coordinate logistics for all training programs.
2. Administer and approve invoices for all training providers
3. Ensure compliance for all Operations personnel with OSHA training
4. Ensure all employees receive certification on Employee Manual Training and Operations Manual Training.
5. Ensure all new hires are trained on policies and procedures, Sage (if applicable), Procore (if applicable), IT training, etc.
6. Ensure all new hires have a mentor and check in every month to document the training and progress that the mentor has provided to employee.
1. Coordinate Exit Interviews, when applicable.
2. Send terminations alert to IT to cancel all access to systems and e-mail with instructions to forward e-mails to Supervisor or replacement.
3. Send termination alerts to our Benefit Administrator’s for them to cancel all benefit plans effective last day of the month the person is employed. Request COBRA package is sent to the person’s home.
1. BA/BS Degree in Human Resources, Business or Organizational Development.
2. 1 to 2 years of related experience preferred.
3. Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
4. Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication including listening and being able to communicate effectively without preparation.
5. Strong presentation skills.
6. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
7. General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
1. Excellent organizational skills.
2. Must exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
3. Ability to effectively use the HRIS system
4. Time management skills and project management.
5. Detail oriented.