Our company is in search of a hands-on seasoned service and operations professional to fill the position of SVP of Distribution Operations. They will oversee the Company’s Distribution locations and manage the onboarding of future Distribution acquisitions. This newly created role offers a unique opportunity for the right individual to join an innovative and rapidly growing enterprise with a clear strategy and differentiated business model. The company has experienced explosive growth over the last four years and expects to double its size within the next 3-5 years. This role will report directly to the CFO/COO and will work very close with the SVP of Sales & Marketing and other senior executives during this critical next period of the company’s evolution.
The role will provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and people systems in place to effectively grow the distribution organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and collaborative style, guided by the objectives of the company.
As a key member of the senior management team, you will be responsible and accountable for:
• Leading and implementing major strategic distribution operation initiatives
• Recommending and implementing changes and best practices across the distribution companies
• Developing and maintaining relationships with key sales and operational personnel at our companies and collaborating with all departments and partners.
• Creating operations standards for and driving continuous improvement in cost control, safety and service metrics.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will bring collaborative leadership skills, general management and operating experience, a demonstrated track record of project management, process improvement, and a distinct bias for action. Prior experience in managing a multi-state service organization is required. He/she will be a self-motivated “problem solver” who continually challenges the status quo and finds a better way to get things done. The candidate will have to immerse himself/herself into the culture of the organization and determine how to evolve the company’s operating systems and practices while maintaining the principles that have unpinned its growth and success.
Job Category: Salary Exempt
Reports To: CFO / COO
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, additional hours as needed.
Requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Will require travel to all Distribution Sites
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
• Lead a customer-centric service organization with focus on process improvements
• Revenue and EBITDA achievement consistent with the budget and strategic plan
• Lead process improvement and capital investments to meet and fully leverage growth opportunities.
• Effectively onboard new Distributors, assessing processes to improve efficiency in all aspects of distribution operations to leverage growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinates Multi-State Distribution operations.
• Establish a strong working relationship with the CEO, CFO, SVP of Sales and Marketing, and other senior managers.
• Develop an annual operating plan, financial budget and KPI’s that supports the strategic plan.
• Manage onboarding for key distributor acquisitions to expand capacities and geographic reach.
• Identifying and implementing best practices throughout all distribution locations. Leverage service operations activities and functions across all distribution sites.
• Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel designed to support the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
• Maintains a shared accountability for profit margin with strong financial acumen to deliver on gross margin, cost and working capital targets.
• Responsible for managing the Service Department to an approved financial plan which includes operating expenses, accounts receivable/collections, manpower, capital, and inventory.
• Responsible for implementing plans, programs, and processes designed to meet or exceed corporate goals and objectives as well as maximizing market potential in all business segments to include new service sales, revenue, and profitability.
• Develop ideas for operational changes to enhance cost effective customer service delivery and/or maximize installation timeliness and quality.
• Provide active oversight of the companies’ process workflows, including integration with applicable systems.
• Responsible for effective and timely customer communications, building solid customers relationships from initial contact through order acquisition, delivery and installation, and service.
• Working with each site GM to direct the sharing and deployment of Best Business Practices / Continuous Improvement with all Distribution sites in these critical areas:
o Ensure the Service, Install & Remodel work orders are handled accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within the scope of work.
o Strategic planning of resources and tools to forecast manpower and schedules to adequately handle installation and sales volume based on historical data and trends.
o Develops effective training programs to develop the local service staff into a cohesive and effective team trained and motivated to grow the business
o Maintaining Vehicles and Fleet Management & GPS programs
o Managing Inventory
o Evaluate centralized dispatching as acquisitions occur
• Champion continuous improvement efforts and work with supporting functions to implement change.
• Participate in root cause and corrective actions team
• Achieve the expected level of quality service by ensuring adherence to company processes and proposing improvements to procedures based on observations of existing processes.
STAFFING & EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT
• Responsible for collaborating with HR on the execution of the overall Talent strategy.
• Develop the coaching and leadership capabilities of key team leaders throughout the organization
• Lead, manage and develop employees by establishing direction and gaining commitment.
• Be an effective model of the behaviors that support the company’s culture.
• Create a work environment that ensures the safety and health of employees;
• Ensures compliance with all environmental and safety requirements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Master's degree preferred
• Leadership position within a multi-state service organization of $100 – $250 mil in revenue – required.
• 10+ years in a business leadership role required.
• 5+ years of high-level service/operations experience leading a workforce of 50+ employees combined with a tenured track record of progressive leadership responsibilities.