The Controller will report to the VP of Finance. They will have a leadership role in proactively partnering with the management team to support the Accounting operations and lead the company’s accounting team. The Corporate Controller will be responsible for the accounting operations of the company, which includes financial reporting, maintenance of accounting records, enhance the Company’s reported financial results, and ensure the reported results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This person will be a key player on the management team, providing analysis and insights to guide decision making as well as taking a leadership role to improve financial performance.
• Meeting departmental goals and metrics.
• Ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
• Ensures all accounting and reporting is done in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with US GAAP, Accounting Standards and accounting policies/procedures.
• Provides leadership and direction to the accounting team to ensure the financial accounting and reporting needs are met to enable the management team to meet their budgeted financial goals and objectives.
• Enhances current accounting and performance reporting systems to identify variances to enable timely corrective action.
• Uses value analysis techniques to identify and make recommendations to management to improve performance and lower unit costs.
• Provides financial advice and assistance to the management team to ensure decision making is made on a sound financial and operational basis.
• Works with management structure to raise their financial awareness and acumen.
• Assists management team with short to long term capital planning including identifying and evaluating financial payback on all new capital expenditure proposals.
• Conducts post implementation capital project reviews to ensure projects achieve financial objectives.
• Provides accurate and timely operational performance reporting to meet the needs of the company leadership team including monthly and quarterly performance commentaries.
• Leads designing and developing formal financial and management accounting information reporting systems to establish strong financial controls.
• Assists in the design and development of strong financial/business control processes to ensure accuracy and integrity of financial records minimization of business risk and proper stewardship of all company assets.
• Ensures strict compliance to all company policies procedures and controls.
• Key focus areas include job costing: materials, labor and overhead expenditure control.
• Supervises, trains and develops subordinates.
• Additional duties needed to help drive to our Vision, fulfill our Mission, and abide by our Organization’s Values
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• CPA or CMA Preferred
• 5-10 years' experience as a controller in a mid-sized, multi-state manufacturing environment or a service- related business.
• Preferred exposure to service businesses, construction and/or job costing and percentage of completion accounting.
• SAP Business 1 Exp. preferred. If not, additional large ERP experience required