Director, IT Operations
The Director of IT Operations is a key IT leadership role and will be responsible for the strategic planning, direction, leadership, and management of contracted support services. This role will require management and technical expertise to ensure availability of IT services to the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create vision, strategy, and roadmap to build technologies and services needed to support current operations and future growth
- Evaluate and recommend & shop technology solutions, architecture & tools
- Collaborate with project, applications/ software development, enterprise security and business teams to ensure that changes are implemented without adverse impact on the company's operations
- Manage & improve performance of information systems & delivery
- Manage contracted MSP Services, including hiring, performance management, development planning.
- Establish goals, conduct training, perform annual reviews, conduct team meetings and generally provide the needed guidance and support to the infrastructure team
- Participate in the planning and development of annual operational and capital expenditure budgets
- Negotiate and oversee vendor contracts for licensing, maintenance, implementation, operations, and ongoing support to ensure service levels are met in cost-effective ways
What you bring to the Team:
- A minimum of 10+ years of IT experience with strong focus on Networking and systems administration
- A minimum of 5+ years hands-on experience managing IT operations for a mid-large Construction industry organization
- Must possess excellent understanding of computer systems, cloud technologies, cybersecurity standards & tools, network & telecom administration, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Azure/Office365
- Strong SharePoint skills
- Proficient and hands-on experience with Cisco Meraki network appliances
- Proficient and possess hands-on experience Endpoint Protection
- Hands-on experience in network and system administration
- Must be customer relationship focused, process driven, metric focused, results oriented, organized & self-directed
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong leadership, management, communication, and presentation skill