The Demand Planner is responsible for leading the company’s product inventory planning process from final factory quote through end-of-life. Working in close combination with the Demand Planning team members for both Big Box and Ecommerce retailers, as well as the company’s in-house Ecommerce business, this role is responsible to manage and oversee all aspects of demand planning and inventory forecasting.
- Manage the company’s inventory planning efforts through effective coordination with internal and external sales teams, product development team, operations, and finance teams.
- Through forecasting & inventory projections, lead the inventory analysis process to determine future inventory needs as well as to flag slower moving, end-of-life candidates
- Drive best practice identification of future sales demand (POS data, sell through data, etc.) and assure coordination with Sales to modify forward looking demand.
- Develop and maintain a 12-month rolling demand plan, taking into account safety stock requirements, min/max inventory levels, verified lead times on factory production, transit shipping, factor for supplier performance, support supply ramp planning for new product introductions.
- item master detail, appropriate warehouse destination, appropriate sign offs for approval, purchase order placement (entry) and documentation.
- Monitor for inbound inventory delays (through Asia Sourcing team and inbound freight carriers) and develop contingency plans in conjunction with Sales team where necessary.
- Maintain inventory balance between big box and pick & pack warehouses to minimize order fulfillment delays and online out of stocks.
- Monitor, analyze, and deliver business results, KPI’s, and insights to unveil trends and opportunities.
- Research and identify process improvement opportunities including but not limited to internal work-flow changes.
EDUCATION, FORMAL TRAINING and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, material management or business-related field and/or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience within operational, planning
- Big Box retailer logistics experience very strongly desired
- Pick & Pack logistics experience viewed very positively
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Must be a strong team player that is first in line to get the job done.
- Proven strategic thinking ability. Ability to receive and apply constructive feedback.
- Strong financial acumen.
- High competency level in MS Office applications (particularly MS Excel) and knowledge of purchasing and supply chain systems (such as Wisys), LEAN principles of planning and MRP/ERP systems often required.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently to meet goals and objectives.
- Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans.
- Requires a high level of interactions with multiple areas of the company. Therefore, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
- Must be fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills and a knack for diplomacy.
- Must be highly detail oriented, hands on and able to direct (train) others to following processes development related to product management.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict & make effective decisions under pressure.
- Proven analytical, cost accounting, and financial decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively lead cross functional teams.
- Basic understanding of P&L and SWOT analyses.
- Exceptional attention-to-detail and follow through to meet assigned deadlines.
- Strong presentation & organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, senior management, & internal staff.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Typical office environment based in Florida.
- Must handle novel and diverse work problems daily.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports.
- Occasional high stress work may require dealing with tight deadlines, conflicting priorities, and customer requirements.