The Financial Analyst is accountable to support and analyze the reporting function on the overall financial performance and condition of Company and its subsidiaries. This role will provide value added ideas, advice and recommendations on reporting process enhancements, including future course of action to support strategic decision making. This role will support the month-end closing process including regulatory, board and external reporting.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Business Delivery & Operational Effectiveness
• Client & Relationship Management
• Change & Innovation
Business Delivery & Operational Effectiveness
• Provide ongoing, timely and accurate analysis of monthly financial results to support month-end close processes.
• Participate in preparation of presentation materials for Executive management and Board reporting.
• Prepare and review standard financial reporting packages on a monthly and quarterly basis in coordination with the Manager Financial Reporting and Financial Controllers. Includes comparisons to prior periods, plans, key KPIs and variance analysis.
• Support preparation of monthly Financial Statements in accordance with GAAP and within agreed upon timelines, reviewing all information against budget and back-ups to check for reasonableness, escalating any areas of concern and making amendments, if necessary.
• Participate in reporting, review and analysis of legal entity planning and forecasting. Prepare and provide consistent standard reporting packages for finance and Executive Management.
• Deliver on projects assigned by the Manager Financial Reporting and the CFO.
Client & Relationship Management
• Participate on projects to ensure financial information is reported completely and accurately.
• Build strong relationships and provide value added advice to internal clients to ensure financial results are well understood and business results optimized.
• Support business group financial performance management activities, providing business group decision makers with financial information, advice and counsel.
• Manage relationships with other groups within Company.
Change & Innovation
• Optimize the use of new technology and information systems updates to improve processes and system efficiencies.
• Driver of change and process improvements.
• Capacity to work closely with the IT department to develop and streamline processes and reporting tools.
Education and/or Experience:
• Undergraduate University Degree with major in Finance, Accounting, or Information Management; 3-5 years of experience broken out between public and private accounting is preferred. Prior experience with multi-national company preferred.
• Strong Excel/PowerPoint skills to retrieve and analyze data and to prepare presentation documents in the most efficient manner.
• Experience with ERP systems and Business Intelligence tools. Sage300/AccPac and E-Analytics would be a plus.
• Strong analytical skills with the capacity to summarize data.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet timelines, without compromising the integrity of the information.
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills within all levels of the organization.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer service and client focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, and/or lift/move up to fifteen pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment, but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels from printers and other peripherals.