Experienced estimator sought to price/sell premium grade architectural woodwork projects
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Quantity takeoffs and pricing from architectural drawings
2. Submit RFIs for clarification
3. Collaborate with vendors and shop to determine costs
4. Lead a team of Sales, Project Management, Engineering and Production to create a cohesive plan to produce complex projects from your estimate in handoff
5. Develop and maintain vendor relationships while maintain database of vendor pricing
6. Compute cost estimates for materials, subcontracted work, production and install in proprietary custom program.
7. Correspondence and submittal of bids as well as follow-up
8. Bid reviews as required.
10. work closely with project management, purchasing, and production to make sure scope of work being produced is what was sold.
11. May perform other tasks as required or directed
1. Experience with estimating Architectural Millwork required.
2. Read and understand architectural drawings- be able to perform material and labor takeoffs and pricing
3. Competitive personality- someone who wants to compete and win!
4. Computer literate- takeoffs and pricing are done in a custom software package Microsoft office literate especially in Excel with working knowledge of CAD preferred.
5. Hands on experience in architectural woodwork fabrication is a plus.
1. Excellent blueprint reading skills specifically architectural & interiors.
2. Experience in CSI Division 6 Architectural Woodwork
3. Practical knowledge of cabinetry and joinery
4. Creative thinking to value engineer projects in the pricing stage
5. solid math skills
6. Proficient in English
7. Self-driven organizational and time management skills
Salaried position which does require overtime as necessary.
Benefits include- vacation, holidays, medical/dental/Vision coverage, disability, Life Ins and 401k.
Salary based on experience.