Technical/Application Support Engineer is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the efficiency of our software applications. In this role, your duties will range from providing escalated support to our clients, operating and maintaining our cloud platform, and diagnosing and determining root causes for internal problems, developing/supporting application integrations and installations, improving existing application automation and installations. To be successful in this position, you must be a passionate technologist eager to learn and apply new technologies and processes that would reduce cost and risk while improving performance and availability. You will be part of a global team driven to innovate solutions for healthcare practitioners to provide a better quality of care to their patients.
Essential Responsibilities include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
• Acts as an escalation point for advanced customer issues
• Assists with all support cases during periods of heavy volume
• Leads support efforts for customers who have been determined to have Critical value
• Acts as a subject matter expert in more than one area of the product
• Designs, develops and deploys application installation automation and monitoring capabilities
• Design and develop software solutions to support enterprise-level integration needs
• Assist integration team with research, discovery, and proof-of-concept work to support architectural improvements
• Autonomously works on projects and more complex assignments with tangible results delivering benefits to the organizations
• Operate & maintain high availability of software for multiple products running in a multi-region cloud environment.
• Maintain operational security by monitoring the enterprise cloud-based environment & applications.
• Analyze operational performance to recommend improvements in critical maintenance-related metrics & KPIs.
• Drive focused initiatives that improve operational efficiency and scalability of the platform and applications.
• Provide full-stack diagnostics and determine the root cause of internal problems.
• Proactively shares information and expertise regarding recent fixes and best practices
• Provides on-call and shift coverage as required
• Understand modern software security and secure software systems with cloud-based infrastructure.
• Comfortable operating in environments subject to regulatory, compliance, and risk-based security requirements
• Assist in analyzing and forecasting cloud infrastructure costs.
• Patience and tolerance for when things go wrong
• Excellent communications skills (written, verbal, & virtual)
• Strong drive, self-motivated, logical, and detail-oriented.
• Passion for new technologies, software & processes.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines is essential
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of experience in Technical Support or a customer-facing technical role
• 5+ years prior experience in support of complex, Linux based enterprise software applications
• 5+ years of work experience in multiple technology disciplines, including software development, required
• 5+ years’ experience with .NET technologies
• 5+ years’ experience with SOA, ESB, micro-services, REST/JSON experience
• Experience with XML and JSON serialization
• 3+ years of SQL experience. You should be able to construct complex SQL statements to query and occasionally update information in a MariaDB/MySQL database
• 2+ years experience with CI/CD within AWS environments
• Experience in CI/CD toolsets (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab, Sonarqube, JIRA, Confluence, etc).
• Ability to function effectively as Lead in escalated cases working directly with customers and coordinating internal effort to address customer issues
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to diagnose and solve complex technical issues
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Networking experience; experience with firewalls, routers and general network fundamentals
• Practical experience with PHP and/or Python
• Knowledge of serveries computing platforms (e.g. AWS Lambda)
• Experience with Elastic Beanstalk
• Exposure to other DB technologies like FireDB, PostgreSQL, AdvantageDB
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (safety/weight belt provided, if requested). Specific vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus is required.